EB2 – Aliens with Advance Degrees and Exceptional Abilities

Advanced Degree

Exceptional Ability

National Interest Waiver

EB2-A Advanced Degree

  • Bachelors Degree, and Masters Degree or 5 Years Experience in Field
  • Potential Job (I.E. Labor Certification Required)

EB2-B Exceptional Ability

  • Degree, certificate or similar award from a college, university, school or other institution of learning to your area of exceptional ability.
  • Letters documenting 10 years of experience.
  • License to practice profession or certification of your profession or occupation.
  • Recognition for your achievements and significant contributions to your industry by your peers, government, professional or business organizations.
  • Other evidence may also be considered

EB2-C National Interest Waiver

  • At least two from the previous list. See EB2 Exceptional Ability.
  • Must demonstrate that the work will be in the National Interest of the United States. This qualifies the person to self-petition and avoids the need for a labor certification filed by an employer. Hence no job required to apply. Applicant can complete labor certification directly with USCIS instead of department of labor.
  • Usually granted to those having exceptional ability.
  • Also See Schedule A Professions by DOL including: physical therapist and professional nurses. Recently pilots and dentist are also being discussed as professions in shortage.