The E2 Visa is a nonimmigrant visa. E2 visas ar for the purpose of overseeing investment in the United States. A parrallel visa category known as the E1 visa is also avalaible for the purpose conducting trade (this E1 visa will not be discussed in this post). In order to be eligible for an E2 visa the treaty investor must be a national of a qualifying country.
The list of qualifying countries is provided by the U.S. Department of State and is available at: https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/fees/treaty.html.
The E2 Visa has the following basic requirements:
1. A treaty must exists between the U.S. and one of the qualifying countries.
2. The treaty investor must have majority control of the investing or the trading company.
3. Each employee or principal of the company must be a Citizen of the qualifying country.
In addition to the foregoing the following evidence must be filed in support of the E2 Visa:
1. Evidence of Active Investment
2. Evidence of Substantianl Investment
3. Evidence of the Creation of Jobs
4. Evidence that the treaty investor whill hold an essential role in the enterprise.
For more information on how to meet these requirements and/or to retain the services of the DE LA TORRE LAW FIRM to submit your E2 visa refer to the contact us page to submit your email and/or call us at: